Island-Style Mahi Mahi
submitted by: Layla
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- Salt, to taste
- 4 4-6 ounce mahi mahi fillets
- 2 cups uncooked jasmine rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 cube chicken bouillon
- 1 tablespoon butter (optional)
- 3/4 can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups fresh mango, cubed
- Whisk together the olive oil, soy sauce, lemon juice, garlic, red pepper flakes, black pepper, ginger, green onion, and salt in a bowl. Add the mahi mahi and toss to evenly coat. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven's broiler and set the oven rack in the middle of the oven.
- Bring the rice, water, chicken bouillon, and 1 tablespoon butter to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the liquid has been absorbed, about 20 minutes. Pour in the coconut milk and 2 tablespoons of sugar. Stir, and simmer uncovered until the rice has absorbed most of the coconut milk.
- While the rice is cooking, remove the mahi mahi from the marinade, and shake off excess. Discard the remaining marinade. Place fish in a large baking dish in a single layer. Broil in the preheated oven until the fish flakes easily with a fork, 10 to 15 minutes. If the fish browns too quickly, cover the baking dish with a sheet of aluminum foil.
- Melt 1 1/2 teaspoons butter and 1 1/2 tablespoons of sugar in a skillet over medium-high heat. When the mixture begins to bubble, stir in mango cubes. Cook and stir until mango is tender, about 5 minutes. Serve by placing a mahi mahi fillet over a scoop of hot rice and top with the mango salsa.
Share Your Favorite Recipe
A little rub goes a long way. Be your own chef with one of our thirteen gourmet spice rubs & seasonings made from the finest ingredients and blended to enhance different cuisines