Easy Catfish Creole
submitted by: Layla
- 4 whole catfish, cleaned with head and tail removed
- 1/2 cup prepared yellow mustard or honey mustard
- 1/4 cup cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup butter
- to taste paprika
- to taste cayenne pepper
- Pat the catfish dry, and spread a layer of mustard over the surface. Place the cracked pepper onto a plate, and press the coated catfish into the pepper so it is well covered.
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the catfish for 3 to 5 minutes on each side, or until fish flakes with a fork.
Share Your Favorite Recipe
A little rub goes a long way. Be your own chef with one of our thirteen gourmet spice rubs & seasonings made from the finest ingredients and blended to enhance different cuisines