submitted by: Layla
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground white pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 6-ounce fillets red snapper
- 1 1/2 cups butter, melted
- In a small bowl, mix together paprika, cayenne pepper, white pepper, black pepper, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, thyme, and oregano.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over high heat for 10 minutes, or until extremely hot.
- Dip fish into melted butter, and sprinkle each fillet generously with the seasoning mixture. Place the fish fillets in the hot skillet. Pour 1 tablespoon of butter over each fillet. Cook until the coating on the underside of the fillet turns black, 3 to 5 minutes. Turn the fish over. Pour another tablespoon of butter over the fish, and cook for 2 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Share Your Favorite Recipe
A little rub goes a long way. Be your own chef with one of our thirteen gourmet spice rubs & seasonings made from the finest ingredients and blended to enhance different cuisines