Whole Pan-Fried Trout
submitted by: Layla
- 4 whole (12 ounce) trout, cleaned with tails and heads on
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges, for garnish
A great way to prepare fresh-caught trout.
- Remove gills from fish and discard. Rinse fish under cold water.
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium heat.
- In shallow dish, combine the flour, cornmeal, salt and pepper. Raise heat to high. Dredge fish in flour mixture and fry in hot oil for about 4 to 6 minutes on each side or until meat flakes with a fork. Serve garnished with lemon wedges.
Share Your Favorite Recipe
A little rub goes a long way. Be your own chef with one of our thirteen gourmet spice rubs & seasonings made from the finest ingredients and blended to enhance different cuisines