Spicy Red Snapper
submitted by: Lindsey G
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon minced capers
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup white wine
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 (6 ounce) fillets red snapper
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil. Add onion, garlic, red pepper and capers. Saute over medium heat until onion is soft.
- Add the tomatoes with juice, and the wine. Reduce heat to low and simmer. Break up the tomatoes with a spoon as the sauce cooks.
- Once sauces begins to thicken add the snapper fillets and push them down into the pan. Cover and cook over low heat until the fish flakes with a fork, about 15 to 20 minutes
Share Your Favorite Recipe
A little rub goes a long way. Be your own chef with one of our thirteen gourmet spice rubs & seasonings made from the finest ingredients and blended to enhance different cuisines