- 3 lbs red drum fillets with skin and scaled
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp Spicy Cajun seasoning
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp onions, minced
- 2 Tbsp green bell peppers, minced
- 2 Tbsp minced parsley
- 12 oz. of your favorite beer
Set a fire on the grill and let it heat up while you do the following:
Wash the fish and pat the fillets dry.
Season the cut sides with garlic and pepper.
Press these gently into the fillets.
Melt the butter over a medium flame and add half of the Worcestershire (1 Tbsp), Cajun seasoning, and all remaining ingredients EXCEPT the beer.
Cook until the onions are translucent, sauce darkens, and is slightly thick.
Now add the beer, remaining Worcestershire sauce, and simmer slowly for 12 to 15 minutes on medium-high flame.
Lay filets on oiled sheets of aluminum foil over grill grates.
Baste generously with the hot beer mixture and cook 20 minutes (or about the time it takes to drink 1 cold beer) over low to medium heat.
Every 5 minutes or so, raise lid and baste again. Serve