- 4 large mouth bass fillets, skin removed
- 1 cup flour
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup mild fresh herbs such as basil, parsley, chervil, oregano
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Season the fillets with salt and pepper. Heat a saute pan on top of the grill. When the pan is hot add 2 tablespoons of butter with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and heat. Dredge the bass fillets in flour and shake off excess. Place the fillets in pan and pan fry for about 3 minutes per side, until golden brown. Remove the fish from the pan. Add the rest of the butter to the pan and melt. When the butter is hot, add sliced garlic. Fry garlic until it begins to turn a light golden brown. Add the herbs and remove from heat. Carefully, add the lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste. To serve, place fillet on plate and spoon some of the lemon garlic herb butter over the fish.