Grilled Tuna Steaks with Ginger and Lime
submitted by: Layla
- 4 tuna steaks, 3/4 to 1-inch thick
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 lime wedged, for garnish
- fresh cilantro leaves, for garnish
- 1. In shallow glass or plastic dish or re-sealable plastic food-storage bag, mix all ingredients except tuna steaks, lime wedges and cilantro leaves.
- 2. Add fish, turn to coat.
- 3.Cover dish or seal bag and refrigerate, turning fish once, for at least 1 hour but no longer than 24 hours.
- 4. Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat. Remove fish from marinade, reserve marinade.
- 5. Cover and grill fish about 4 inches from medium heat 11 to 15 minutes, brushing 2 or 3 times with marinade and turning once, until fish flakes easily with fork and is slightly pink in center.
- 6. Discard any remaining marinade. Serve with lime wedges and fresh cilantro leaves.
Share Your Favorite Recipe
A little rub goes a long way. Be your own chef with one of our thirteen gourmet spice rubs & seasonings made from the finest ingredients and blended to enhance different cuisines