submitted by: Layla
- 2 trout cleaned and head removed
- 3 tablespoons cold butter, thinly sliced
- 6 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, halved and thinly sliced
Another great stream-side recipe.
- Place each trout onto a square of aluminum foil. Open them up so that the flesh is facing upwards. On one side of each fish, season with salt and pepper, half of the garlic, half of the chopped rosemary and half of the parsley. Top each fish with thin slices of butter, 3 rosemary sprigs and a few slices of lemon. Squeeze one of the remaining lemon slices over each fish. Enclose the seasoning inside each fish and wrap securely with the sheet of aluminum foil. Wrap each fish in an additional piece of aluminum foil.
- Place fish in the coals of a campfire or on a grill over a flame and cook for about 7 minutes on each side. If you can easily stick a fork into the fish, it is done. Cooking time will vary depending on the size of your fish and the fire. Allow to cool for a few minutes before opening to serve.
Share Your Favorite Recipe
A little rub goes a long way. Be your own chef with one of our thirteen gourmet spice rubs & seasonings made from the finest ingredients and blended to enhance different cuisines