Catfish Saint James
submitted by: MadFisherman
- 4 (8oz) catfish fillets
- 1 (12oz) can evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbs. italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tbs. garlic powder
- 1 tbs. ground dry mustard
- 1 cup butter, melted
- Wash and dry catfish filets. Place filets in a shallow dish and pour milk over them. Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, cheese, Italian seasoning, baking powder, garlic powder, dry mustard, onion powder, salt and pepper. Dredge filets in flour mixture.
- Lightly grease a rimmed baking sheet and place coated filets in pan. Drizzle melted butter over filets.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until firm and flaky. Serve hot
Share Your Favorite Recipe
A little rub goes a long way. Be your own chef with one of our thirteen gourmet spice rubs & seasonings made from the finest ingredients and blended to enhance different cuisines