submitted by: MadFisherman
- 1 1/4 lb. catfish
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tbs. vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup pecans, finely crushed
- 5 wedges lemon, for garnish
- 5 sprigs fresh parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, mix the cornmeal, salt and pepper. Dip the catfish in the cornmeal mixture; coating well.
- Place catfish on a flat, greased baking sheet. Pour the oil over the fish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes or until catfish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Sprinkle with pecans toward the end of the cooking period.
- Garnish with lemon wedges and parsley sprigs.
Share Your Favorite Recipe
A little rub goes a long way. Be your own chef with one of our thirteen gourmet spice rubs & seasonings made from the finest ingredients and blended to enhance different cuisines