submitted by: MadFisherman
- 1 lb. catfish fillets
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 (16oz) can stewed tomatoes, with liquid
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onions
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- In a small saucepan, bring the 2 cups of water to a boil. Stir in the rice and return to a boil; reduce the heat. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until the rice is tender and the water is absorbed.
- Using a very sharp knife, cut the catfish into 3/4 inch pieces; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the tomatoes (with juices), dried onions, bouillon granules, dried oregano, garlic powder and hot-pepper sauce; bring to a boil and stir in the catfish pieces.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for 5 to 8 minutes or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork and is opaque all the way through.
- Serve the fish mixture over the rice.
Share Your Favorite Recipe
A little rub goes a long way. Be your own chef with one of our thirteen gourmet spice rubs & seasonings made from the finest ingredients and blended to enhance different cuisines