- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 red or green bell pepper, diced
- 1 rib celery, thinly sliced
- 1 can stewed tomatoes, (14.5 oz)
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 drops Tabasco sauce, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
- 1 1/2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 pound shrimp, shelled & deveined
Melt butter in a large skillet and sauté onion, garlic, bell pepper, and celery until tender. Add tomatoes, wine, Tabasco, and seasonings. Simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes. Add shrimp and cook until shrimp are pink, about 8 to 10 minutes.
Serve with pasta.