Cajun Fried Snapper
submitted by: Layla
- 1 1/2 cups dry bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- Salt, to taste
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless red snapper fillets
- 1 cup flour
- Vegetable oil, as needed
- Toss together bread crumbs, Cajun seasoning, and salt in a bowl. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs with the buttermilk. Toss the fish with the flour, shake off the excess, and dip into the egg. Shake off excess egg, and press into breadcrumb mixture. Set aside.
- Heat about 1/8 inch of oil in a heavy bottomed skillet over medium-high heat. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes per side until the fish flakes easily and has browned nicely.
Share Your Favorite Recipe
A little rub goes a long way. Be your own chef with one of our thirteen gourmet spice rubs & seasonings made from the finest ingredients and blended to enhance different cuisines